* Heat iron skillet or griddle pan to medium-high heat. Coat pan, if needed, with cooking spray or a dab of butter or vegetable shortening.
* In a wide open bowl (I use a large cereal/soup bowl), lightly beat the two eggs and add milk, blending well. Stir in the cinnamon and sugar, as desired, and add a pinch of salt if you'd like.
* When the skillet is heated through, dip one slice of bread in the egg mixture, coating both sides. Place the coated bread on the hot skillet and repeat with as many that will fit, our family-sized griddle will hold 8 slices.
* If you can only cook two at a time in a pan or skillet, just re-stir the egg mixture before each dipping. Cook each piece of toast until lightly browned on both sides, and the egg coating looks fully cooked.
* Place the French toast on plates and serve warm with butter and syrup. You can also dust them with a little powdered sugar for a frugally elegant touch!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (200g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 148 (37%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 16.5g||22 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.1g||30 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.3g|
|Cholesterol 537mg||165 %|
|Sodium 562.7mg||19 %|
|Potassium 257.2mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.3g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 38.3g|
|Protein 22.6g||32 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 398
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.