1. Mix cake mix, dates, cherries, nuts and brandy together and leave overnight.
2. Cream butter and sugar together and add eggs: beat well after each addition until light and fluffy. Add jam and fruit mixture, mixing well.
3. Add sifted dry ingredients and mix well.
4. Line a 20cm square cake tin with two layers brown paper or two layers greaseproof paper. Grease well, turn mixture into tin and level top of cake mixture with spatula. Bake in preheated oven at 150°C for 2½ hours.
5. Test centre of cake with a skewer if baked, skewers will come out clean.
6. Allow to cool completely in tin. Turn out and remove lining. Sprinkle with brandy, seal with plastic wrap.
7. Store in a cool place. Sprinkle brandy over cake once a month.
8. Spread thing layer of jam over entire cake. Cover with marzipan and ice with ready -to -roll icing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (365g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 203 (36%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.6g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 7.2g||36 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.1g|
|Cholesterol 930.6mg||286 %|
|Sodium 327.5mg||11 %|
|Potassium 464.9mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.1g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 30.3g|
|Protein 28.4g||41 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 569
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.