1) Soak cherries,raisins and dried cranberries in a bowl with 1/4 cup rum. Cover and sit for 24 hours at room temp.
2) Preheat oven to 325 butter loaf pan and line with parchment paper
3) In a large bowl , cream together butter and brown sugar until fluffy. Beat in eggs until mixed together
4) Mix together flour, baking soda,salt and cinnamon and add to the butter mixture in three batches, with alternatively adding molasses and milk..
5) Stir in soaked fruit and chopped nuts
6) Transfer batter into prepared pan
7) Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes.
8) Cool in pan for 10 minutes, then cover with 2 tbsp. rum.
9) Cut one piece of parchment paper and one piece of cheesecloth large enough to wrap around cake. Moisten cheesecloth with rum. Put cheesecloth on top of parchment paper and unmold cake onto it. Cover remaining sides with rum. Wrap with cheesecloth then wrap with paper. Place in an airtight container
10) Age cake for at least 1 week .
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (657g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1211 (46%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 134.6g||179 %|
|Saturated Fat 74.6g||373 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 34.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 15g|
|Cholesterol 308mg||95 %|
|Sodium 889.3mg||31 %|
|Potassium 2371.5mg||62 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 333.3g||98 %|
|Dietary Fiber 14.1g||56 %|
|Sugars, other 319.2g|
|Protein 19.1g||27 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2641
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!