1. Prepare the cake: coat 2 9-inch square cake pans with cooking spray; lightly dust with flour. Preheat oven to 350. Place chocolate chips in a microwavable bowl; microwave on medium until melted, about 2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds. Stir melted chocolate until completely smooth.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar in bowl of a heavy-duty stand mixer on medium speed until well combined, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined after each addition. Add melted chocolate, beating until just combined.
3. Sift together flour, baking soda, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl. Gradually add to melted chocolate alternately with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture, beating on low speed until just blended after each addition. Gradually add coffee, beating on low speed until just blended. Stir in bourbon. Pour batter evenly into prepared pans.
4. Bake cake in preheated oven until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean, 22-25 minutes. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes. Remove cake layers from pans; transfer to wire rack to cool completely, about 1 hour.
5. Prepare the buttercream: place sugar and water in a small saucepan; cook, stirring ofter over medium-high, until sugar dissolves, about 1 minute. Bring to a boil. Cook, without stirring but swirling pan occasionally, until mixture is deep amber in color, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat; quickly add cream in a thin, steady stream, sitrring constantly with a wooden spoon. Stir in chilled butter until mixture is smooth. Transfer caramel to a small bowl to cool completely about 1 hour.
6. Beat softened butter and cream cheese in bowl of a heavy-duty mixer on medium speed until creamy, 3 minutes. Stir in vanilla and salt. Gradually add 2 cups of powdered sugar, beatng on low speed until smooth, 2 minutes. Add cooled caramel; beat on medium speed until combined, 2 minutes. Gradually add ramaining 2 cups sugar, beating on low speedh until combined.
7. Prepare the chocolate ganache: place semisweet and bittersweet baking chocolates and cream in a microwavable bowl; microwave on medium for 1 minute. Remove and stir. Microwave until melted, 3-3 1/2 minutes, stopping to stir every 30 seconds.
8. Assemble the cake: place 1 cooled cake on a serving platter; pour half of ganache over top, allowing some to drip down sides. Freeze until just seet, about 5 minutes. Dollop with half of buttercream; spread gently to edges of cake layer. Top with remaing cake layer; repeat process.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (140g)|
|Recipe Makes: 14 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 431 (75%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 47.9g||64 %|
|Saturated Fat 29.3g||146 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2g|
|Cholesterol 198.9mg||61 %|
|Sodium 4258.2mg||147 %|
|Potassium 139.6mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 37.3g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 35.8g|
|Protein 4.4g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 575
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!