YOU WILL NEED: a medium bowl, 2 mixing spoons, measuring spoons, measuring cups, a pastry blender, a sharp knife, a small bowl, a small saucepan, a hot pad, a pastry brush, a cookie sheet, oven mitts and a wire rack.
1. Turn the oven on to 400 F. Measure the first 5 ingredients in the bowl. Stir well.
2. Add the butter and cut it in with the pastry blender until it is in tiny pieces and the whole mixture is crumbly.
3. Add the milk. Stir until it pulls away from the side of the bowl and forms a soft ball. Turn out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead 8 times or until dough is smooth. Cut the dough into 2 equal portions. Cut each portion in half making 4 pieces of dough. Now divide each piece into 3, making a total of 12 pieces. Using the palms of your hands, roll each piece into a long rope at least 12 inches long.
4. Measure the borwn sugar and cinnamon into the small bowl. Stir well until evenly mixed. Pour onto working surface. Spread into a rectangle about 4x14 inches.
5. Put the second amount of melted butter into the saucepan. Use the pastry brush to brush another rectangle on the working surface, the same size as the sugar-cinnamon. Roll 1 rope at a time in the butter, then roll it in the sugar-cinnamon to coat. Roll up like a spiral or pinwheel, like a snake might curl up. Pinch the last 1/2 inch of the end flat and tuck it underneath the bun. Arrange the buns on the greased cookie sheet. Bake on the center rack in the oven for 12-15 minutes. A wooden toothpick inserted in the center should come out clean. Use the oven mitts to remove the baking sheet to the wire rack. Cool. Makes 12 buns. From Companys Coming: Kids Cooking Formatted by Tonya Thompson Posted to MM-Recipes Digest V4 #007 From: Tonya
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (86g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 48 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 5.3g||7 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.3g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 13.9mg||4 %|
|Sodium 2166.5mg||75 %|
|Potassium 73mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 39.6g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 38.8g|
|Protein 2.7g||4 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 203
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!