1. Cook the vegetables separately in saucepans of salted boiling water for 4-5 minutes, drain well, and chill in the refrigerator.
2. To make the dressing, heat the oil in a skillet and fry the peanuts for 3-4 minutes, turning.
3. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon and drain on absorbent paper towels. Grind the peanuts in a blender or crush with the end of a rolling pin until a find mixture is formed.
4. Pour all but 1 tablespoon of the oil from the skillet and fry the garlic and onion for 1 minute. Add the chili powder, sugar, a pinch of salt, and the water and bring to a boil.
5. Stir in the peanuts. Reduce the heat and simmer for 4-5 minutes, until thickened. Add the lemon juice and let cool.
6. Arrange the vegetables in a serving dish and spoon the peanut dressing into the center. Garnish and serve.
COOK'S TIP: If necessary, you can prepare the peanut dressing in advance and then store it in the refrigerator before serving.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (397g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 434 (78%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.3g||64 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.4g||27 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 26.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 14.6g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 49.7mg||2 %|
|Potassium 737.4mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 21.6g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.5g||34 %|
|Sugars, other 13.1g|
|Protein 17.2g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 553
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!