1. Roll out first sheet--I roll it out on a round pizza stone with ample flour--I like the presentation when it is a circle.
2. Beat butter with 60 grams sugar until foamy. Add one yolk and beat. Mix in almond flour (I add just a bit more than the recipe calls for).
3. Beat whites with a touch of salt until thick--add 30 grams of sugar, beat until shiny.
4. Fold the almond flour mixture into the egg white mixture (do not mix together, just fold)
5. Spread over the dough you already rolled out, be sure to leave half and inch to an inch around the edge for sealing.
6. Roll out the other sheet and place it on top; seal edges with water.
7. Make a wash with the egg yolk (just whisk the remaining yolk with a little water) and brush over the top of the pastry.
8. Bake at 410 degrees for 20 minutes.
Definitely follow the directions on folding, not mixing...it does a lot for the consistency.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (32g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 14 (17%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 1.5g||2 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.5g||3 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 69.9mg||22 %|
|Sodium 21mg||1 %|
|Potassium 24.4mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 15.3g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 15.3g|
|Protein 2.1g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 81
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!