1. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in large Dutch oven over medium-high heat untilshimmering. Cook squash until golden and just tender, about 5 minutes. Addhalf of garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Transfer to plateand tent with foil.
2. Add remaining oil, onion, and carrot to empty Dutch oven and cook untilonion is golden, about 8 minutes. Add half of tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt,and 1/2 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until juices haveevaporated and tomatoes begin to brown, 5 to 7 minutes. Add remaining garlicand cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add wine and simmer, scraping upany browned bits, until slightly thickened, about 2 minutes. Add greenbeans, navy beans, thyme, broth, and remaining tomatoes and bring to boil.Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until green beans are tender, about 15minutes.
3. Stir in reserved squash and basil and simmer until heated through, about1 minute. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
4. Make Ahead: The soup can be prepared through step 2 and then refrigeratedfor 2 days, with the squash reserved separately. When ready to serve, bringthe soup to a simmer over medium heat and proceed with step 3.
5. Bruising Is Best: To release the basil?s flavorful oils, we bruise theleaves and add them to the pot just before serving this soup. Place thebasil leaves in a zipper-lock bag or between two sheets of plastic wrap.Gently pound the basil with a rolling pin or meat mallet.
Nutrition (calculated from recipe ingredients)---------------------------------------------- Calories: 214 Calories From Fat: 102 Total Fat: 11.4g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 1047.2mg Potassium: 1007.5mg Carbohydrates: 16.4g Fiber: 4.3g Sugar: 8.3g Protein: 9.9g
Comments: Cooks Country June 08
Author Note: Zucchini can be substituted for half or all of the summersquash; see related content for information on seeding these types ofsquash. If desired, serve minestrone with grated Parmesan cheese and asplash of extra-virgin olive oil.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (526g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 84 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.4g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 6.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 756.3mg||26 %|
|Potassium 718.2mg||19 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 12.6g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||14 %|
|Sugars, other 9.1g|
|Protein 6.6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 156
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!