1. In a saucepan, heat the canola oil for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
2. Saute the onions for 4-5 minutes, avoiding any browning, then add the garlic. Mix together.
3. Add the tomatoes, vegetable broth and tomato paste.
4. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer for 15-20 minutes until tomatoes are soft.
5. Remove the soup from the heat, add the basil and blend in a blender or food processor for 2-3 minutes until the mixture is smooth.
6. Season with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (530g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 38 (27%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.2g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.4g||2 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2845mg||98 %|
|Potassium 1024mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 23.9g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 5.2g||21 %|
|Sugars, other 18.8g|
|Protein 6.1g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 143
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!