1. Peel and finely chop garlic
2. Zest lime to get 2 tbsp (use peeler to remove green rind, mince the rind - if you dont have a zester)
3. Cut off and discard bottom part of broccoli
4. Cut out stem and ribs of jalepeño pepper, then dice small
5. Cut off birds eye pepper stem, thinly slice crosswise
6. In small pot heat up 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium high, until hot
7. Add diced peppers, and 1/3 of diced garlic, then season with salt and pepper. Cook from 1-2 mins or until slightly soft, stirring frequently.
8. Add sugar, worcheshire sauce, and 2 tbsp of water
9. Cook, stirring frequently until peppers are soft and sugar is dissolved
10. Turn off heat, and stir in lime zest and juice of 2 lime wedges
11. Transfer to a bowl and rise and wipe pot (will be reused next)
12. In same pot combine rice and a big pinch of salt, and add 1 cup of water
13. Heat to boiling on high, once boiling, put heat back on low
14. Cover and cook, without stirring, for 12-14 mins, or until water has been absorbed and the rice is tender
15. Turn off heat and fluff with a fork, cover to keep warm
16. While the rice cooks, in another pan (non-stick is best) heat 1 tbsp of olive oil, on medium-high, until hot
17. Add breadcrumbs, and season with salt and pepper
18. Cook, stirring frequently for 2-3 mins or until light brown, then transfer to a plate and wipe out pan
19. While rice continues to cook, in the same pan, heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high, until hot.
20. Add broccoli and season with salt and pepper
21. Cook for 4-5 mins, without stirring or until lightly brown and slightly softend
22. Add half of the remaining garlic, amd as much red pepper flakes as wanted
23. Cook, stirring frequently, for 30 seconds to 1 min.
24. Add demi-glace and 1/3 cup of water, cover pan to cook stirring sometimes for 4-5 mins, or until broccoli is softened and liquid is cooked off
25. Transfer to large bowl and cover with foil to keep warm, then wipe out the pan
26. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium-high heat, until hot.
27. Add shrimp in an even layer and cook without stirring for 2-3 mins
28. Add soy-sauce and remaining chopped garlic
29. Cook, stirring frequently for 1-2 mins, or until coated and the shrimp are cooked through
30. Serve, shirmp with rice and broccoli and garnish the broccoli with cooked breadcrumbs
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (586g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 2 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.2g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 2.9mg||0 %|
|Potassium 104.4mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 10g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.1g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 8g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 34
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!