- Pre-heat oven to 450.
- In a small bowl, mix softened butter, minced garlic, paprika, and cayenne.
- Spread the butter mixture evenly over both pieces of french bread.
- Sprinkle grated parmesan evenly over both pieces of bread.
- Set oven to broil.
- Put the two pieces of bread directly on the wire rack of the oven under the broiler. Be sure to put some foil on the rack beneath the bread to catch any melting butter.
- Keep a watchful eye on the bread. It will only take a matter of minutes (maybe 3) until the edges brown and the cheese/butter starts to bubble and brown. One minute too long and it will burn!
- Serve and enjoy!
If you have a bottom broiler in your oven, then I'm not exactly sure how the bread will cook there. I would try it following the directions above, again keeping a watchful eye on it, and see how it turns out. It should be crunchy on the outside, soft in the middle. If the bottom of the bread does not get crunchy, consider putting in the the main oven compartment first before sending it down to the broiler to crisp up the top.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (54g)|
|Recipe Makes: 2 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 122 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.6g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 34.9mg||11 %|
|Sodium 286.6mg||10 %|
|Potassium 68mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 19.4g||6 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.9g||4 %|
|Sugars, other 18.5g|
|Protein 6g||9 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 221
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!