1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large pot of salted boiling water, cook penne according to package directions until al dente. Drain and return to pot.
2. Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat, melt 1 tablespoon butter. Add garlic, shrimp, and 2 tablespoons parsley, then season with salt. Cook until shrimp is pink and no longer opaque, 2 minutes per side. Transfer shrimp to a plate. (Keep juices in skillet.)
3. Add remaining 2 tablespoons butter to skillet to let melt, then add flour and whisk until golden, 1 to 2 minutes. Add milk and chicken broth and bring to a simmer. Stir in 3/4 cup mozzarella and 1/4 cup Parmesan until creamy. Season with salt and pepper.
4. Return shrimp to skillet. Add tomatoes and cooked penne and toss until combined. (Add more milk if mixture is too thick.)
5. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup mozzarella and 2 tablespoons Parm and bake until melty, 5 to 7 minutes. Broil 2 to 3 more minutes until top is golden (watch it carefully so it doesn't burn!).
6. Garnish with remaining tablespoon parsley and serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 (1152g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 4879 (100%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 550.1g||733 %|
|Saturated Fat 348.3g||1742 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 142.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 20.7g|
|Cholesterol 1457.7mg||449 %|
|Sodium 3913.3mg||135 %|
|Potassium 265.3mg||7 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 4.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 3.6g|
|Protein 6.7g||10 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4879
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!