1. Drain gefilte fish, mash well with fork
2. Mix all ingredients together, except egg.
3. Beat egg yolks together, blend with fish mixture (from step 2).
4. Beat egg whites until stiff.
5. Gently fold egg whites into fish mixture.
6. Pour mixture into well oiled pan.
7. Bake @ 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes, until firm.
8. Let cool in pan for 5-10 minutes, loosen side using a n ice water bath.
9. Invert gently onto serving platter.
10. Chill overnight.
11. Garnish with carrots and parsley.
12. Serve with horseradish & matzoh crackers.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (178g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 198 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22g||29 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.3g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.1g|
|Cholesterol 38.7mg||12 %|
|Sodium 169.6mg||6 %|
|Potassium 296mg||8 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.8g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 29.8g|
|Protein 10.6g||15 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 359
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!