1) Heat oil in deep fryer to 375 degrees.
2) Beat eggs in large mixing bowl. Add chicken or fish. Sprinkle with salt, 1 1/2 teaspoon sugar and white pepper. Mix well. Mix in 1 1/2 cup cornstarch a little at a time until meat is well coated.
3) In batches, careful drop the meat cubes into the hot oil one by one cooking until golden brown and they begin to float (about 3 minutes). After all the meat has been fried, allow it to cool then refry it starting with the first batch fried. Cook until it turns a deep golden brown (about 2 minutes more).
4) Heat 3 tablespoons vegetable oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Stir in green onion, garlic, whole chilies and orange zest. Cook and stir 1-2 minutes until garlic is golden and chilies brighten. Add 3/4 cup sugar, ginger, chicken stock, vinegar, soy sauce, sesame oil and peanut oil. Bring to a boil and cook 3 minutes.
5) Dissolve 3 teaspoons of cornstarch into water. Stir into the boiling sauce. Return to a boil and cook until the sauce thickens and is no longer cloudy from the cornstarch (about 1 minute). Stir the meat into the boiling sauce. Reduce heat to low and cook for 1-2 minutes and serve.
If a wok is not available, use a cast iron skillet.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (637g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 270 (56%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 30g||40 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.7g||29 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.1g|
|Cholesterol 353.2mg||109 %|
|Sodium 7438.1mg||256 %|
|Potassium 1374.8mg||36 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 38.6g||11 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.3g||17 %|
|Sugars, other 34.3g|
|Protein 17.6g||25 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 480
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!