*** Beer Drinker's Pizza Dough (Note: This recipe courtesy of Santo Bruno)
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, whisk to combine beer, 2 tablespoons olive oil, sugar, salt, and yeast. Fit bowl on electric mixer fitted with a dough hook, mix until incorporated, 1 to 2 minutes. Slowly add flour, and mix until dough is fairly stiff, about 10 minutes.
2. On a lightly floured work surface, knead dough until smooth and elastic, about 5 minutes. Brush the inside of a large bowl with remaining tablespoon olive oil; transfer dough to bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover bowl with plastic wrap, and leave in a warm place until dough has doubled in size, about 1 1/2 hours.
3. Punch down dough, and transfer to a clean surface. Using a bench scraper or sharp knife, divide dough into quarters; keep covered with plastic wrap.
1. Preheat oven to 400F Wrap garlic in a piece of parchment-lined foil. Roast until soft, 20 to 30 minutes. Let cool, and squeeze cloves to remove pulp.
2. In a medium bowl, stir to combine roasted garlic, tomatoes, 1 tablespoon olive oil, oregano, and basil. Season with saltand pepper; set aside.
3. On a pizza peel dusted with flour, place one-quarter of the dough. Using your fingers, begin to flatten and push dough evenly out from center until it measures about 12 inches in diameter, form into a square. Crimpedges to form a rim. Sprinkle one-quarter of the mozzarella onto dough. Spoon1/2 cup of the tomato mixture over mozzarella. Add one quarter of green pepper, mushrooms and pepperoni on top of tomato mixture.
4. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a12-inch cast-iron skillet over high heat. When very hot but not smoking, reduce heat to low. Lift pizza peel and, using a slight jerking motion, slide pizza about one inch back and forth on the peel to loosen it. Slightly tilt the peel,and slide the pizza off the peel, centering it in the skillet. Cover skillet,and cook until pizza is golden on the bottom, about 10 minutes. Repeat with remaining ingredients.
MAKES FOUR 12-INCH PIZZAS
Recipe By:George Ross
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (647g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 330 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 36.6g||49 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.1g||80 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 96.9mg||30 %|
|Sodium 3724.7mg||128 %|
|Potassium 975.1mg||26 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 155.3g||46 %|
|Dietary Fiber 8.2g||33 %|
|Sugars, other 147g|
|Protein 54.5g||78 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1195
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.