1. Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the caraway seeds, onion, 1 tablespoon salt and a few grinds of pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until the onions are softened, about 5 minutes.
2. Fold in the cabbage and cook until slightly wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
3. Add the stock, vinegar, sugar, apple, 2 teaspoons salt and a few grinds of pepper and stir to combine.
4. Cover the skillet and cook until the cabbage is completely softened and the liquid is almost completely evaporated, about 20 minutes.
5. Fold in the dill and transfer to a serving bowl.
I used bigger slices of apples so it wouln't turn to mush.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (141g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 40 (43%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.5g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.8g||14 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 11.4mg||4 %|
|Sodium 89.6mg||3 %|
|Potassium 229.3mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 13.3g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8 %|
|Sugars, other 11.2g|
|Protein 1.5g||2 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 94
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.