1. Boil 3 pounds of red potatoes for 30 minutes. When cooled, peel and slice.
2. Chop 1 small onion.
3. Brown and crumble 1/2 pound bacon.
4. While bacon grease is still hot, add 1/4 cup flour and stir constantly with fork.
5. Mix sugar, vinegar, and water to bacon roux, stirring constantly to avoid lumps. Boil hard for 3 minutes.
6. Pour chopped onion, bacon, and vinegar roux over sliced potatoes.
7. Salt and pepper to taste. Serve warm. Can be made a day ahead and warmed up.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (158g)|
|Recipe Makes: 15 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 104 (55%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11.5g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.1g||20 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 5.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 14.6mg||5 %|
|Sodium 3860.6mg||133 %|
|Potassium 464.5mg||12 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.8g||5 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.7g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 16.2g|
|Protein 3.5g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 189
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!