Can be started the day before dinner.
1. In a large saucepan, combine giblets, celery, onion, carrots, and parsley with water to cover. Cover and simmer for 1.5 h. Drain and cool.
2. Remove the neck meat from the bone and discard the bone. Chop the giblets.
3. In a blender, process the giblets, vegetables, and as much broth as needed in batches until smooth. Reserve the rest of the broth. Set aside. If made the day before, store chilled.
4. After the turkey is done, collect pan juices, reserve 1/4 cup of the fat.
5. Deglaze pan with Port or Marsala over moderately high heat, scraping up brown bits. Bring to a boil and remove pan from heat.
6. In a sauce pan, heat reserved turkey fat over medium heat. Sprinkle the flour over the hot fat and stir well to combine. Cook, whisking, for about 3 minutes.
7. Slowly, whisking constantly, add the giblet puree.
8. Stir in the Port mixture and skimmed turky juices. If the gravy seems thick, thin it with chicken broth to achieve the desired consistency.
9. Bring the gravy to a gentle boil and cook for 10 min.
10. Just before serving, stir in the lemon juice, salt, and pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 cup (181g)|
|Recipe Makes: 7 cups|
|Calories from Fat: 7 (13%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.7g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 30.1mg||9 %|
|Sodium 281.5mg||10 %|
|Potassium 223.2mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.5g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.4g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 6.1g|
|Protein 4.1g||6 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 53
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!