** To make coconut cream from coconut milk: https://www.greenthickies.com/how-to-make-coconut-cream-paleo-vegan-gluten-free/
1. Using a sharp knife, slice starting at the top and going downward with a gentle sawing motion. Continue to cut on all sides until all kernels are removed.
2. In a pot over medium heat, combine coconut milk and water and bring to a boil.
3. Add rice and fresh corn kernels and stir to combine. (If using canned corn, add later along with the coconut cream and sugar).
4. Lower heat and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, for about 15 to 20 minutes or until rice begins to expand and soften.
5. Add 1 cup of the coconut cream and sugar, stirring until sugar is dissolved. Continue to cook, stirring occasionally for about 8 to 10 minutes or rice is cooked through and the mixture is thickened.
6. Ladle into serving bowls and drizzle with the remaining 1/2 cup of coconut cream as desired. Serve warm or cold.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (180g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 142 (57%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 15.8g||21 %|
|Saturated Fat 13.9g||69 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 6982.1mg||241 %|
|Potassium 169mg||4 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 25.2g||7 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.8g||7 %|
|Sugars, other 23.4g|
|Protein 3.5g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 249
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!