1. Preheat oven to 350' F.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and brown sugar together using the paddle attachment until light & fluffy. About 5 minutes.
3. Add egg and molasses, and mix together on medium low speed until well combined.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together remaining ingredients except sugar and whisk until well blended.
5. Add flour mixture into butter mixture and mix on low speed until combined.
6. Cover the bowl and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
7. Using a spoon or a small cookie scoop, form the chilled dough into balls approximately 1" diameter.
8. Roll each ball of dough in granulated sugar until it is well coated. Shake of excess sugar and place dough balls on parchment-lined cookie sheets. Keep dough at least 2" apart, as they will spread considerably while baking.
9. Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges just begin to brown. The cookies will still be very soft.
10. Let cool on the cookie sheet for at least 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
The cookies will likely seem underdone when you take them out of the oven. It can be difficult to tell if they are done at first, but it the bottom edge is just slightly darker brown than the rest of the cookie, and the centre is puffed up in a dome, they should be ready to come out. They will be very soft, but will set up as they cool! DO NOT OVERBAKE or they will end up very dry and crisp, not soft and delicious.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (30g)|
|Recipe Makes: 50 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 99 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 11g||15 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.9g||34 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.5g|
|Cholesterol 32.9mg||10 %|
|Sodium 59.1mg||2 %|
|Potassium 55.5mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 11g||3 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.2g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 10.8g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 144
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!