Preheat the oven to 180°C (350°F, Gas Mark 4) and line two large baking trays with baking paper.
1. Place the flour, ginger and bicarbonate of sofa in a large bowl. Stir the ingredients together until they are thoroughly mixed.
2. Rub the butter into the mixture using your fingertips. Continue rubbing in the butter until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs. Stir in the sugar.
3. Stir in the golden syrup and egg, until the mixture starts to come together in a dough. Tip the dough mixture onto a lightly floured surface and knead it until smooth.
4. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface to a thickness of 5mm, then using your cutters, cut out the shapes. Re-roll the leftover dough and cut out more biscuits.
5. Place the biscuits on the baking trays and cook for 9-10 minutes or until golden. Allow the biscuits to cool on the trays. Decorate with sweets, currants and icing.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (695g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 1169 (40%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 129.9g||173 %|
|Saturated Fat 68.2g||341 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 33.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 14.9g|
|Cholesterol 480.2mg||148 %|
|Sodium 2342.1mg||81 %|
|Potassium 3281.8mg||86 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 362g||106 %|
|Dietary Fiber 38g||152 %|
|Sugars, other 324g|
|Protein 86.1g||123 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 2938
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!