1. For the cookies, sift together flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, ginger, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and nutmeg; set aside.
2. In a large bowl, cream together 1/2 cup butter and granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in molasses and egg yolk. Gradually stir dry ingredients into molasses mixture until dough comes together. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
3. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
4. On a lightly floured surface, roll chilled dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cookies 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake in preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes. Cool on wire racks.
5. For the filling, cream remaining 1/4 cup butter and cream cheese until light and fluffy. Add pumpkin, remaining 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon, and vanilla extract; beat until combined. With the mixer on low speed, gradually add confectioners' sugar. Scrape down sides of bowl. Beat on high speed until creamy, 3 to 4 minutes.
6. Spread filling onto half of the cooled cookies; then top with remaining cookies to form sandwiches. Store in an airtight container.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (60g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24|
|Calories from Fat: 70 (29%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 7.8g||10 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.7g||23 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.4g|
|Cholesterol 29.2mg||9 %|
|Sodium 53mg||2 %|
|Potassium 103.1mg||3 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 41.5g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.6g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 40.9g|
|Protein 2.4g||3 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 243
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.