1. Grease and flour a 9" square pan. Preheat over to 350F.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, ginger, cinnamon, cloves and nutmeg.
3. Melt the butter in a heatproof measuring cup. Add the molasses to the cup and pour into the dry ingredients in the bowl, mixing to moisten.
4. Add the water, stirring until everything is moistened. Whisk together the egg and buttermilk. Stir into the batter until it's evenly combined. Stir in the crystallized ginger.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan, and bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until the cake just begins to pull away from the edge of the pan.
6. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 15 minutes before slicing; gingerbread is best served warm with whipped cream or ice cream.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1370g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 946 (24%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 105.1g||140 %|
|Saturated Fat 62.3g||311 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 27g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.6g|
|Cholesterol 465.5mg||143 %|
|Sodium 1825.6mg||63 %|
|Potassium 4738.5mg||125 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 674.2g||198 %|
|Dietary Fiber 17.7g||71 %|
|Sugars, other 656.4g|
|Protein 69.2g||99 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3902
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!