Do you want so badly to be good? Whip up a batch of these Madonna-themed canapés and watch your guests go wild! Smoked salmon covers a cross-shape of toasted Jewish rye, topped with rainbow-colored chive cream and finished with salmon roe and a sprig of dill. Serve with chilled Tanqueray and you will surely go astray.
1. Process chives very fine in food processor.
2. Combine sour cream, lemon juice and chives in medium bowl. Let chill for at least 2 hours.
3. Using 3x2" cross-shaped cookie cutter, make approximately 40 "crosses", three per slice of Jewish Rye bread.
4. Lightly coat a large cookie-sheet with cooking spray. Lay crosses so they fit together in a pattern on the sheet.
5. Spray top of bread crosses lightly with butter substitute.
6. Preheat oven to broil setting, toast crosses for 3-6 minutes, watching carefully so as not to burn. Remove and set aside.
7. Turn bread crosses toasted side down on whatever tray or surface you plan to build the rest of the canapés on.
8. Wearing gloves, tear salmon into strips and lay on each bread cross so edges roughly align.
9. Put two or three drops of each shade of the food coloring in the sour cream, load into piping device combining colors slightly.
10. Pipe in a cross shape over each built-up canapé.
10. Finish each with a tip-of-the-spoon of salmon roe eggs and a sprig of dill in the center.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (31g)|
|Recipe Makes: 40 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 21 (49%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.3g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.8g||4 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 39.8mg||12 %|
|Sodium 81.6mg||3 %|
|Potassium 82.5mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0.7g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0.7g|
|Protein 5.1g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 43
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!