For the Apples:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut each apple horizontally into 5 slices. Reassemble each apple, and place in an 11x7-inch baking dish. Combine apple juice and melted butter; pour over apples. Bake, uncovered at 375 degrees for 45 minutes or until apples are tender, basing with juices every 15 minutes.
3. Place an apple stack on each of 4 individual serving plates. Pour 1/4 cup Caramel Sauce into center of each stack, allowing sauce to flow over sides. Serve immediately.
For the Caramel Sauce:
1. Combine sugar and water in a large skillet. Cook over medium heat 15 minutes or until golden (do not stir). Brush crystals from sides of pan with a wet pastry brush if necessary.
2. Remove pan from heat; let stand 1 minute. Carefully add butter, stirring until butter melts. Gradually add milk, stirring constantly. (Caramel will harden and stick to spoon.) Cook, stirring constantly, over medium heat 2 minutes or until caramel melts and mixture is smooth and slightly thickened. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (403g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 125 (25%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 13.8g||18 %|
|Saturated Fat 8.5g||42 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3.7g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 41.7mg||13 %|
|Sodium 283.2mg||10 %|
|Potassium 530.8mg||14 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 69.4g||20 %|
|Dietary Fiber 4.8g||19 %|
|Sugars, other 64.5g|
|Protein 5.6g||8 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 506
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!