1. Preheat oven to 350°F and line a standard 12-well muffin tin with 12 paper liners.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, brown rice flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, xanthan gum and salt. Whisk briskly so that everything is well mixed.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine the oil, sugars, pumpkin and flax. Beat until smooth and emulsified. Add in half of the milk, beating just until smooth. Add all of the reserved flour mixture, and beat just until it starts to mix, and then add the rest of the milk, beating until the batter is smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
4. In a small bowl, mix together the 2 tablespoons sugar and a few sprinkles of cinnamon and set aside.
5. Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin, filling them just a little bit beyond the top, like a rounded dome. They might look too full, but it’s okay. Sprinkle the top of each muffin with cinnamon sugar and bake in a preheated oven for 35 minutes, or until the tops are puffed up with a nice cracked top, they’re nicely browned, and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.
6. Let the muffins cool in the tin for 5 to 10 minutes before removing to a rack to cool completely.
7. To make the glaze, combine the powdered sugar and milk in a bowl. Using a hand blender (or alternately a stand mixer with the whisk attachment or a bowl and a metal whisk), beat together until the icing is smooth with no lumps. Once the muffins are cool, drizzle the glaze over the tops, or dip the whole muffin top in the glaze. Set aside on a rack for the glaze to harden.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (154g)|
|Recipe Makes: 12 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 292 (62%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32.4g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 16.3g||82 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 10.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.4g|
|Cholesterol 41.2mg||13 %|
|Sodium 188.3mg||6 %|
|Potassium 201.7mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 45g||13 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 42.1g|
|Protein 3.7g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 473
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!