A new method for cooking gluten-free pancakes
1. Preheat a non-stick griddle. If you decide to use a skillet, move this step to last.
2. In a large measuring cup, measure out 1 1/2 cups buttermilk.
3. Add 1 cup white rice flour and mix with spoon until combined.
4. Place this mixture in the microwave and heat on high for one minute.
5. Remove from microwave and stir. Set aside for about 5 minutes.
6. Combine in a small bowl the baking powder, baking soda, salt, and sugar.
7. In another small bowl, beat the egg with two tablespoons vegetable oil.
8. After five minutes, add the small bowl of dry ingredients to the rice flour/buttermilk mixture. It will bubble up. Just stir until combined (don’t beat it down).
9. Add the egg mixture. Stir to combine.
10. Add chocolate chips, if desired.
11. If your griddle requires oil, oil the griddle.
12. Pour the pancake batter onto the griddle.
13. Flip the pancake when the top of the pancake is completely bubbled. Remove to a serving plate.
This pancake is pretty sweet with the chocolate chips, so I just sifted confectioner’s sugar on top. You could also sift a mixture of cocoa and confectioner’s sugar. If you really like things sweet, top it with a chocolate syrup. It would also be equally good topped with fresh fruit and whipped cream!
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (180g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4|
|Calories from Fat: 221 (47%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 24.6g||33 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 14.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 6.3g|
|Cholesterol 53.2mg||16 %|
|Sodium 523.7mg||18 %|
|Potassium 215.8mg||6 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 53.7g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 52.2g|
|Protein 8.2g||12 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 469
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.