1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut cornbread into cubes and spread on rimmed baking sheet. Place in the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, just until cubes are are little bit toasted. Reduce temperature to 375 degrees F.
2. In a large skillet, saute bacon until crisp. Remove bacon from pan and set aside to cool and drain on paper towels. Remove all but 3 Tablespoons of bacon drippings and discard. Add celery, mushrooms and onion to the pan. Saute vegetables in the bacon drippings until they become tender (5 to 6 minutes). Remove from heat and let cool.
3. Place toasted cornbread cubes and bread cubes in a large bowl. Add sauteed vegetables. Crumble bacon on top. Add sage and gently mix it all together. Add salt and pepper, as desired.
4. In medium saucepan mix soup and broth. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until thoroughly heated. Pour over the stuffing mixture (a little at a time) and stir well. You may or may not need all of the liquid. The texture of the stuffing should be damp, but not soggy. Spoon into a well greased 13x9" dish and bake for 35-40 minutes until well heated-throughout and crispy on top.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (906g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 167 (34%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 18.6g||25 %|
|Saturated Fat 6.6g||33 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 7.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.1g|
|Cholesterol 24.7mg||8 %|
|Sodium 698.9mg||24 %|
|Potassium 1191.1mg||31 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 75.3g||22 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13.7g||55 %|
|Sugars, other 61.6g|
|Protein 12.4g||18 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 498
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!