1. Pre-het your oven to 170 degrees C (340 degrees F).
The Biscuit Base:
1. Spray the inside of your removable cake tin with cooking spray.
2. Separate the surface of the cake tin, place a sheet of baking paper over that surface, then clamp the cake tin back together. Spray the baking paper with cooking spray and set aside.
3. Put your biscuits in a food processor, then blitz to a fine crumb.
4. Add your melted butter and blitz again until all the crumbs are well coated.
5. Add your buttery biscuit crumbs to the greased and lined cake tin, then firmly push the crumbs down.
6. Chill in the fridge for at least 15 minutes.
The Lemon Curd:
1. Whisk the sweetened condensed milk, eggs yolks, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla extract in a large bowl until well combined.
2. Pour over the chilled biscuit base, then bake in the oven for 5 minutes.
1. Beat the egg whites in a large, clean, dry bowl until it they reach soft peaks.
2. Slowly add the icing sugar bit by bit as you continuously beat it through.
3. Once all of the icing sugar is added, and you have a nice glossy meringue. Add your cornflour and your creme of tartar, and beat through one last time.
4. Pour the meringue over the hot lemon curd, put the pie back in the oven and bake for another 15-20 minutes.
1. Let the tart cool for about 20-30 minutes, leave in the fridge to cool completely, then serve.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (0g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 0mg||0 %|
|Potassium 0mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!