Best Gluten Free Crust Recipe from Elaine Tiberii
1. Mix all dry ingredients.
2. Add crisco, cut into pieces.
3. Cut in shortening with pastry blender.
4. Mix egg, vinegar and water together.
5. Make a well in center of dry ingredients and pour in 3/4 of egg mixture.
6. Mix with a fork until all dry mixture has been absorbed.
7. Add a little more egg mixture if the crust feels a bit dry.
8. Chill in fridge overnight for best rolling qualities. Roll between wax paper or plastic wrap.
Gluten free crust doesn't brown very well. Use an egg wash and some coarse sugar to make a pretty pie.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (98g)|
|Recipe Makes: 8 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 266 (53%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 29.5g||39 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.8g||59 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 13g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3.3g|
|Cholesterol 39.1mg||12 %|
|Sodium 70.6mg||2 %|
|Potassium 40mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 53.7g||16 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 52.1g|
|Protein 3.2g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 500
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.