Prep note: for mushrooms, rinse QUICKLY in colander to clean and pat dry. Do not let mushrooms sit in water, otherwise they will become too soggy. If using shiitakes, always use the caps only; no stems. If shiitakes are not available, look for other wild mushrooms because they hold less water and are more flavorful.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
1. Heat small heavy skillet on medium heat. Melt 1 TBSP butter. Saute mushrooms for 5 minutes, constantly stirring. Set aside.
2. In large dutch oven, melt 5 TBSP butter on medium heat. Add onions, carrots and celery. Cook until onions are translucent and vegetables are soft (about 5 minutes).
3. Add the sausage to the pan, stirring constantly to break it apart and mix into the vegetables. Cook until sausage is browned and cooked through (about 7 to 10 minutes).
4. Add in the two cups of chicken broth as well as the seasonings. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
5. Empty box of stuffing cubes into a big stock pot (or very large bowl). Pour in the hot mixture, the mushrooms and the cup of wild rice. Fold in all ingredients until mixed together. Do not over-stir as the stuffing cubes will break apart.
6. Spoon the mixture into a greased casserole dish. Cover with foil and bake for 20 minutes or until hot. For a crispy top, remove foil and bake uncovered for an additional 10 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (615g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 832 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 92.5g||123 %|
|Saturated Fat 37.1g||186 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 33.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 14.4g|
|Cholesterol 388.1mg||119 %|
|Sodium 534.1mg||18 %|
|Potassium 965.2mg||25 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 7.9g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5g||6 %|
|Sugars, other 6.4g|
|Protein 77.3g||110 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1185
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!