If you're longing for a good, gluten-free sourdough bread, this recipe is for you. It's naturally egg free and can be made dairy free, too. (Just use coconut milk for the sourdough starter.) Yes, it takes a few days to get the sourdough starter going-but it's not a lot of work. So before you say -it's too much," think again. Fresh sourdough bread is well worth the time.
1. Generously grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the flour, xanthan gum, cream of tartar, sugar, salt and yeast to combine. Add Sourdough Starter and butter and mix to combine.
3. With the mixer on low, pour in the milk in a slow, steady stream. Once the flour has begun to incorporate the liquids, beat the ingredients on at least medium speed for 4 to 6 minutes. The dough will be pretty sticky-thicker than cake batter, not quite as thick as cookie dough. Scrape the dough into the greased loaf pan and smooth the top with wet hands.
4. Allow the dough to rise in a warm, humid place for 30 to 45 minutes or until it has about doubled in size. (In a colder, drier environment, this will take longer. If the environment is warm and humid, it may take less time.) While the dough is rising, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
5. Bake the loaf in preheated oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until a nice, golden brown crust has formed on top.
Each serving contains 170 calories, 3g total fat, 2g saturated fat, 0g trans fat, 8mg cholesterol, 231mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 3g protein.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 loaf (1141g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 75 (2%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 8.4g||11 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.2g||26 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.3g|
|Cholesterol 195.8mg||60 %|
|Sodium 21746mg||750 %|
|Potassium 18825.8mg||495 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 572.5g||168 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.5g||10 %|
|Sugars, other 570g|
|Protein 386.5g||552 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 3931
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!