1) In medium skillet, cook bacon over medium heat 6-7 min, or until crisp. Set aside. Reserve 2 Tbs bacon grease in skillet.
2) Add yellow onion and celery. Cook on medium-high heat until onions are translucent.
3) In 6-quart pot (or dutch oven) mix onion, 3 cups of broth, and potatoes. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat. Cook 10 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
4) Meanwhile in the same medium skillet, melt butter over low heat. Stir in flour and whisk until smooth. Add 1 cup of broth. Bring to a boil and continue to let boil for 1 minute.
5) Reduce heat and gradually stir in the milk. Continue to cook and stir while the mixture thickens.
6) Pour thickened milk mixture into potato mixture. Add salt/pepper and 1/2 of the bacon crumbles. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly with whisk until the mixture thickens and is bubbly.
7) Serve hot, in soup bowls, and top with remaining bacon crumbles and scallion onions. Salt/pepper to taste.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (6055g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 6660 (59%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 740g||987 %|
|Saturated Fat 211.8g||1059 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 306.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 158.9g|
|Cholesterol 3680mg||1132 %|
|Sodium 3499.2mg||121 %|
|Potassium 13456.8mg||354 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 181.6g||53 %|
|Dietary Fiber 24.3g||97 %|
|Sugars, other 157.3g|
|Protein 933.7g||1334 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 11347
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!