1. Wash basil and add entire bunch to blender. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and blend until almost smooth.
2. In a frying pan on medium heat melt butter with the extra virgin olive oil once butter is melted at garlic and onion. Cook until onion is transparent about 3mins
3. Once onion is transparent add the blended basil and let cook for about 5mins mixing occasionally. You may add salt and pepper at this time.
4. After about 5mins of the basil cooking you may add the heavy whipping cream. Stir continiously as pouring. Stir until cream is well blended into the basil mixture. You may add more cream of you choose for a creamier sauce.
5. Let this cook until sauce is to your desired thickness. At this time add the parmigiano cheese and stir well.
Set sauce aside and make the pasta. Once pasta is ready add the pasta to the sauce. Put sauce back onto medium heat then add pasta and coat all pasta.
You are now ready to serve. Enjoy
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (24g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 19 (70%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 2.1g||3 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.3g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.1g|
|Cholesterol 7.7mg||2 %|
|Sodium 21.3mg||1 %|
|Potassium 33.7mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1.8g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.3g||1 %|
|Sugars, other 1.5g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 27
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.