- Olive oil + garlic salt + mushrooms + sardines/fish
- Tomatoes + feta + tuna -- bake
- Tomato sauce + chicken
- Preheat the oven to 375F and wash the potatoes. Dry them well and prick all over, then cover the bottom of a baking tray with a layer of rock salt and arrange the potatoes on top. Bake for about an hour until completely cooked through: this will depend on the size of the potatoes, so check them regularly.
- Remove from the oven, and as soon as they're cool enough to handle (be brave), peel off the skin and discard.
- Scatter 250g (1 cup) of the flour over a clean work surface along with ½ tsp fine salt and a pinch of nutmeg, if using. Use a potato ricer, or push the potatoes through a fine sieve (use strainer) from elbow height, on to the flour, then make a well in the centre and add the eggs. Mix together, adding more flour if necessary, but stopping as soon as it comes together into a soft dough.
- Set the dough aside while you clean the work surface and dust it with a little more flour, then return and flatten it into a square about 1.5cm thick. Divide this into 1.5cm-wide strips, then roll these into sausage shapes.
- Lay the sausages side by side, and cut them into 1cm-wide segments. Dust these with flour, and roll each over the tines of a fork, pressing your thumb into the back, so you have an indentation on one side and grooves on the other. Put the finished gnocchi on a flour-dusted tray.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil, then turn down to a simmer, and tip in half the gnocchi. Stir, then wait for them to rise to the surface. Count slowly to 10, then remove with a slotted spoon, and tip into whatever sauce you're using.
Without egg: http://www.eatthelove.com/2014/04/homemade-gnocchi/
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1904g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 92 (5%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 10.2g||14 %|
|Saturated Fat 5g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.8g|
|Cholesterol 26.5mg||8 %|
|Sodium 1001.7mg||35 %|
|Potassium 6452.5mg||170 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 413.6g||122 %|
|Dietary Fiber 36.2g||145 %|
|Sugars, other 377.4g|
|Protein 62.2g||89 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1985
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!