1) Combine all the marinade ingredients.
2) Place the cheese in a shallow bowl, cover with the marinade
and leave overnight.
3) On the day of serving: put the shallots in a roasting pan. Pour
over the marinade from the cheeses, add balsamic vinegar and
sprinkle the sugar over the top. Bake for 45-50 minutes until
the shallots are tender. Strain the juices and reserve.
4) Mix the shallots with the beetroot.
5) Blend the dressing ingredients and add the strained juices from
6) Place the cheese on a baking sheet under a hot grill or in an
oven to warm through and soften. Do NOT let them melt.
7) Place a portion of cheese on a plate and surround with the
beetroot and shallots
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (226g)|
|Recipe Makes: 13|
|Calories from Fat: 440 (75%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 48.9g||65 %|
|Saturated Fat 11.1g||55 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 27.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 8.3g|
|Cholesterol 22.4mg||7 %|
|Sodium 190.6mg||7 %|
|Potassium 591.8mg||16 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 31.3g||9 %|
|Dietary Fiber 2.4g||9 %|
|Sugars, other 28.9g|
|Protein 9.4g||13 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 590
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.