There are several ways of doing this receipe. Heston has one, and Myrvolds has another.
1) Cover the meat liberally with salt and leave for 90 minutes.
2) Soak the meat in several changes of water for 30 minutes.
3) Heat one water bath to 56 degrees and another - if you have a second - to 85 degrees. Or run one up to 85 degrees - a 12 litre bath - and ice it with 1.5kg of ice, as required.
4) Divide the meat between 2 sous-vide bags, place both in the first bath for 7 minutes (to kill lactobacillus, I presume).
5) Transfer directly to the other bath (56 degrees) for 72 hours, or take the bags out, throw in 1.5kg of ice and reset the temperature to 56 degrees.
Slive the meat from the bone.
6) Remove the bags and ice them to cool them down completely then reserve in the fridge.
Reserve in the fridge.
When ready to serve, refresh at 56 degrees for 45 minutes.
Remove the meat from the bags and remove any connective tissue that has fallen off to the bottom. Set aside.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (550g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 0 (NaN%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0g||0 %|
|Saturated Fat 0g||0 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 19379mg||668 %|
|Potassium 4mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 0g||0 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 0g|
|Protein 0g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
BigOven Pro required
Eat healthier with nutrition info.
Calories, carbs, protein, sodium, fiber and more - easily calculate from any recipe.