1. Plunge beets into cold water and slip off the skins.
2. Leaving the tiny beets whole, slice the larger ones and mix them in a sauce pan with brine mixture.
3. Simmer for 15 minutes. Pack the beets into clean hot jars. Fill the jars with the hot syrup mixture and seal.
4. Process in a boiling hot water bath for 20 minutes.
5. Let cool thoroughly and store in a cool dark place for several weeks or years.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1183g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 5 (2%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 0.6g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat 0.2g||1 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 0g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 83771.5mg||2889 %|
|Potassium 767.9mg||20 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 11g|
|Protein 0.3g||0 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 221
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!