1. Pour boiling water over the rolled oats and mix well.
2. Add cooking oil, and salt and mix well and then add molasses and mix well.
3. Dissolve yeast in 1/3 cup of warm water in the measuring cup that was used to measure the molasses and stir gently.
4. Add 2 cups of flour and mix well.
5. Add yeast once it becomes active and mix well.
6. Add the remaining flour, mixing and kneading it in. Add a bit more flour if the dough seems too soft and sticky.
7. Grease the bowl and top of dough. Cover with waxed paper or butter wrappers and cover with a towel. Place in a warm area of the kitchen to rise.
8. Let rise until it doubles (stick a finger in the side and if the hole doesn't close up it's done) Punch down, divide, and put in greased pans. Cover and let rise until doubled again.
9. Cook in 350 - 375 F (176 - 190 C) oven for about 45 minutes.
This recipe make great rolls too, cook rolls for about 25 minutes.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1614g)|
|Recipe Makes: Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 293 (7%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 32.5g||43 %|
|Saturated Fat 4.9g||24 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 8.1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 14.4g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 239.8mg||8 %|
|Potassium 6416mg||169 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 925g||272 %|
|Dietary Fiber 39.9g||159 %|
|Sugars, other 885.2g|
|Protein 104.4g||149 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 4428
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.