* Add the yolks and sugar to a 2 quart mixing bowl that will rest snugly in a medium saucepan.
* Add about 2" of water to the saucepan and bring to a boil.
* Beat yolks vigorously with a wire whisk for 1 minute.
* Place the mixing bowl on the saucepan with the boiling water. Do not allow the bowl to touch the water.
* Continue beating the yolks for another 10 minutes, until yolks are thick and pale yellow.
* Remove bowl from heat and stir in half of the Grand Marnier. Allow sauce to cool, and refrigerate until thoroughly cool. About 1 hour.
* Beat the cream with 2 Tbs. of sugar until it is almost stiff. Fold cream into sauce. Stir in remaining Grand Marnier.
* Serve over strawberries or other fruit.
Preparation Time: 1 1/2 hours; mostly unattended.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (112g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 202 (54%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 22.5g||30 %|
|Saturated Fat 9.2g||46 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 3g|
|Cholesterol 855.4mg||263 %|
|Sodium 736.3mg||25 %|
|Potassium 85.3mg||2 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 32.8g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 32.8g|
|Protein 11.1g||16 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 373
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
What would you serve with this? Link in another recipe.