1. Mix cream and brown sugar in a heavy bottomed sauce pan.
2. Over MEDIUM heat, bring to boil STIRRING CONSTANTLY
3. Once it is a gentle boil (will be brown and foamy on top) keep stirring over heat for 5 full minutes (soft ball stage)
4. a) Remove from heat. Using a WOODEN SPOON, beat in vanilla and butter.
b) For chocolate you can now add 1/2 cup chocolate chips or more.
5. BEAT CONSTANTLY until it starts to set in the pan. This may take 5 minutes or more.
6. Stir in Walnuts, pour into buttered pan. A pie plate is the perfect size and depth.
7. Cool on counter and cut into pieces when set.
Soft Ball Stage: Put COLD water into a small dish or cup. Drop a bit of fudge into it and see if it balls. It will be a soft, pliable ball. If that happens, that means it is ready.
It is very important to boil it enough, or else it will not set properly. But, do not heat it too much or else it will burn.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (9g)|
|Recipe Makes: 18 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 37 (74%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.1g||5 %|
|Saturated Fat 1.4g||7 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.3g|
|Cholesterol 1.7mg||1 %|
|Sodium 5.1mg||0 %|
|Potassium 35.7mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 3.3g||1 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||2 %|
|Sugars, other 2.8g|
|Protein 1g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 50
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!