1. Combine chopped vegetables and salt in a large non-reactive pan. Cover and let stand in a cool place (65-70ºF) for 10-12 hours.
2. Pour vegetables into a colander over the sink and let drain. Rinse with cool water and squeeze out any excess liquids.
3. Tie the pickling spice mix in a cheese cloth bag.
4. In a large stainless steel pan, combine vinegar, spice bag, chopped garlic and the vinegar. Pout the vinegar mixture over high heat and bring to a boil, stirring until sugar is dissolved.
5. Add the drained vegetable mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to med-low and boil gently, stirring often, for 1 hour. If you are using the cayenne chili, I usually add it at the end of the boil to only half the recipe so I have some that is hot and some that is not.
6. Fill hot jars and process for 10 minutes. Makes 4 half-pint jars.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (1065g)|
|Recipe Makes: 10 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 558 (48%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 62g||83 %|
|Saturated Fat 37.2g||186 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 18.9g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.2g|
|Cholesterol 233.9mg||72 %|
|Sodium 2742.6mg||95 %|
|Potassium 2925.8mg||77 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 100.2g||29 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.8g||15 %|
|Sugars, other 96.3g|
|Protein 57.4g||82 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1172
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!