1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Cream the sugar and the shortening together.
3. Add the eggs one at a time.
4. Add vanilla
5. Add soda/sour cream mixture and mix.
6. Add salt to flour. Mix.
7. Add flour/salt mixture. Mix well.
6. Spoon by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with slightly dampened cloth fastened to bottom of a glass with a rubberband.
7. Bake for 14 minutes at 350 degrees.
Cookies should be puffy and light brown on bottom. Do not over-bake. Adjust your cooking time appropriately, if necessary.
(I use ungreased cookie sheets, but mine are non-stick. If yours are not non-stick, experiment with one or two cookies first.)
Add all ingredients together and Grandma says "Beat, Beat, Beat"
Spread icing on cooled cookies
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (38g)|
|Recipe Makes: 48 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 84 (60%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 9.3g||12 %|
|Saturated Fat 5.1g||25 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 3g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.6g|
|Cholesterol 29.7mg||9 %|
|Sodium 44.8mg||2 %|
|Potassium 16.9mg||0 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 14g||4 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0g||0 %|
|Sugars, other 14g|
|Protein 0.6g||1 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 140
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.