Cream together the shortening, sugar, eggs, salt, flavoring, and soda. Add flour and shape dough into an oval roll and wrap in wax paper or place in a plastic bag. Chill at least two hours.
1) Preheat oven to 350 F. Use a pastry canvas and covered rolling pin. Flour both lightly. Take out 1/4 or less of the dough. Keep remaining dough chilled.
2) Roll dough to 1/4 or 3/8 inch thinkness. With floured cutter, place cutter on dough and press down firmly with fingers all around edges to make sure the entire edge is cut.
3) With sparula, lift cutter and dough. With thumb, rub cutting edge clean of dough. Then using thumb, gently press dough into design of the cutter. Be very careful never to press closer than 1/4 inch from edge of the cutter.
4) SLAP cutter down on the table or cookie sheet and dough will come right out. Flour cutter before cutting the next cookie.
5) Bake cookies 12 to 15 minutes. Do not allow to brown. Cool thoroughly before decorating.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (52g)|
|Recipe Makes: 24 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 59 (28%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 6.5g||9 %|
|Saturated Fat 2.5g||13 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 2.8g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.8g|
|Cholesterol 26.5mg||8 %|
|Sodium 8.3mg||0 %|
|Potassium 38mg||1 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 33.5g||10 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.8g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 32.8g|
|Protein 3.6g||5 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 208
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.