1. Let the onion, carrot, celery and garlic sweat in a pan.
2. Add the ground beef and let it get proper colour.
3. Sift the flour in and blend thoroughly. Fry for a couple of minutes more.
4. Add tomato paste, wine and milk. Season and simmer gently. Turn the heat off.
5. In a large dish, mix the sauce and macaroni.
6. Add eggs, cheese, cream and herbs to the mixture, blend and make sure it's evenly distributed in the dish.
7. Cover the surface in mozzarella slices.
8. Bake in oven at 350 degrees F for about 20 minutes or until the mozzarella is starting to turn brown.
Serve with salad and bread.
Finely diced bacon or pancetta adds some extra flavour (and fat). If the wine is very dry, a pinch of sugar isn't a bad idea.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (593g)|
|Recipe Makes: 4 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 792 (69%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 88g||117 %|
|Saturated Fat 40.6g||203 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 28.5g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 2.5g|
|Cholesterol 281.8mg||87 %|
|Sodium 908.2mg||31 %|
|Potassium 1348.3mg||35 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 27.5g||8 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3.4g||13 %|
|Sugars, other 24.2g|
|Protein 49g||70 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 1141
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!