1) In a large pot of salted boiling water, add the three potatoes and let boil for 15 minutes, just to par boil stage. (Make sure that they are really cooked until ALMOST done.)
2) Remove potatoes from water and set on a cutting board to cool enough to handle. Slice into 1/4" slices.
3) This dish requires a round glass baking dish, with a flat bottom. Spray well with cooking spray. Cover the bottom of the dish with potato slices. Stand potatoes around the side of the dish also. (You will need additional potato slices after the meatballs are put into the dish.)
4) Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
5) Mix together ground beef, onion, parsley, paprika, salt and pepper. Form into 15 evenly-sized meatballs.
6) Meanwhile, melt the butter in a heavy-bottom saucepan. Stir in the flour and cook, stirring constantly, until the paste cooks and bubbles a bit, but don't let it brown -- about 2 minutes. Add the warm milk, continuing to stir as the sauce thickens. Bring it to a boil. Add salt and pepper to taste, lower the heat, and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes more. Remove from the heat.
7) Set a meatballs on top of each potato slice in bottom of glass dish. Wedge a potato slice between each meatball, so that it forms a pretty pattern.
8) Pour Bechamel sauce over each individual meatball, filling the pocket around it.
9) Add shredded cheese over each meatball, filling the pocket around it.
10) Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes.
11) Serve immediately.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (366g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 247 (44%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 27.5g||37 %|
|Saturated Fat 14.6g||73 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 9.4g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.9g|
|Cholesterol 110mg||34 %|
|Sodium 557.4mg||19 %|
|Potassium 1114.5mg||29 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 40.8g||12 %|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12 %|
|Sugars, other 37.8g|
|Protein 36.8g||53 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 556
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.