1. Cut vegetables in 1" chunks and roast until well browned.
2. Put all ingredients except "for roux" items in a large stock pot and fill with cold water.
3. Bring up to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, skimming any scum that may develop. Allow to simmer for at least 12 hours.
4. Strain broth and refrigerate overnight.
5. Remove any surface fat. Put back on stove and reduce to 10 litres.
6. In a separate pot, cook flour and canola oil together over medium heat, until just beginning to turn golden, stirring constantly.
7. Add broth and cook, whisking constantly until thickened. Strain.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (18449g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 3388 (41%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 376.5g||502 %|
|Saturated Fat 29.9g||149 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 231.6g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 107.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 7074.4mg||244 %|
|Potassium 13093.3mg||345 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 1269.9g||374 %|
|Dietary Fiber 120.7g||483 %|
|Sugars, other 1149.3g|
|Protein 60.3g||86 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 8314
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!