1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
2. Combine the oil and maple syrup in a small pot. Heat on medium, stirring occasionally, until hot.
3. In a large bowl, combine the oats, salt, wheat germ, and almonds.
4. Pour in the syrup mixture and stir to coat evenly.
5. Spread the granola mixture out on a baking sheet.
6. Bake until golden brown and dryish, about an 1 hour and 30 minutes. Once or twice during baking, take out the tray and redistribute the granola to help it dry more evenly.
7. Add dried fruits if desired and allow to cool. Store in a tightly sealed container a room temperature for 2 weeks or freeze for up to 2 months.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Recipe (1060g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1 Serving|
|Calories from Fat: 3438 (64%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 382g||509 %|
|Saturated Fat 48.9g||244 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 117.2g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 195.1g|
|Cholesterol 0mg||0 %|
|Sodium 65mg||2 %|
|Potassium 4612.7mg||121 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 440.9g||130 %|
|Dietary Fiber 71g||284 %|
|Sugars, other 369.9g|
|Protein 94.5g||135 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 5386
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.