1. Flour and brown roast all sides in lil oil. Place beef in slow cooker.
2. Mix beer,onion soup mix, garlic, oregano, salt and pepper in a small bowl.
3. Pour over beef, turning beef to coat.
4. Cover and cook on low for 4 to 6 hours (until meat is tender)
5. Make sauce by stirring together ingredients.
6. Warm pitas as package directs.
7. Top pitas with sliced meat, yogurt sauce and toppings.
I make my pitas fresh, nothin like it, also wrap your gyro in parchment paper or wax paper for that
original pita look, Beef is not the typical gyro, but thats all i had and it worked out wonderfully
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 recipe (1384g)|
|Recipe Makes: 1|
|Calories from Fat: 39 (6%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.4g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 1g||5 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 1.1g|
|Cholesterol 3.7mg||1 %|
|Sodium 4445.7mg||153 %|
|Potassium 1025.8mg||27 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 129.2g||38 %|
|Dietary Fiber 13.9g||56 %|
|Sugars, other 115.3g|
|Protein 21.9g||31 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 605
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.
There are no reviews yet. Be the first!