1. Heat gas grill to medium or prepare charcoal grill with medium-hot coals.
2. Burgers: In a large bowl, add the ground lamb, yogurt, mint, Greek seasoning, lemon zest, garlic and salt. Stir until combined.
3. Form lamb mixture into 6 patties, 1 inch thick, about 7 ounces each. Cover and refrigerate while making yogurt sauce.
4. Yogurt Sauce: In a medium bowl, add the yogurt, feta cheese, garlic, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Stir until combined. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
5. Grill burgers on the heated grill for 12 to 13 minutes, until internal temperature reaches 160F on an instant-read thermometer, turning halfway through cooking time.
6. Cut 1-1/2 inches off top of pita bread. Insert a lamb burger, a few cucumber slices, tomato slice and lettuce leaf into each pita. Serve with yogurt sauce on the side.
Broiler Method: Heat broiler. Coat broiler-pan rack with cooking spray. Place the lamb burgers on rack. Broil 4 inches from the heat, following directions in step 5.
View line-by-line Nutrition Insights™: Discover which ingredients contribute the calories/sodium/etc.
|Serving Size: 1 Serving (103g)|
|Recipe Makes: 6 Servings|
|Calories from Fat: 41 (50%)|
|Amt Per Serving||% DV|
|Total Fat 4.6g||6 %|
|Saturated Fat 3.2g||16 %|
|Monounsaturated Fat 1g|
|Polyunsanturated Fat 0.2g|
|Cholesterol 18.7mg||6 %|
|Sodium 234.6mg||8 %|
|Potassium 192.1mg||5 %|
|Total Carbohydrate 6.2g||2 %|
|Dietary Fiber 0.7g||3 %|
|Sugars, other 5.5g|
|Protein 4.8g||7 %|
Powered by: USDA Nutrition Database
Disclaimer: Nutrition facts are derived from linked ingredients (shown at left in colored bullets) and may or may not be complete. Always consult a licensed nutritionist or doctor if you have a nutrition-related medical condition.
Calories per serving: 82
Get detailed nutrition information, including item-by-item nutrition insights, so you can see where the calories, carbs, fat, sodium and more come from.